Seiko Actus SS 6306-8040

18:29:00

During one of my vacation to Korea, I came across a really cool vintage store where they had a lot of vintage products.

This was the perfect opportunity to find a vintage Seiko. Sure enough, I found the Seiko Actus 6306-8040.




Made in Seiko suwa plants in the 1970s, the Seiko Actus ss has only been sold in Japan for around 18 months. Since this watch share the exact same movement as the iconic 6306 JDM turtle, many people actually use this watch's movement to replace the faulty ones in the turtle.

Like many watches made in the 1970s, I initially found the size of the watch a little too small. Its the smallest watch I ever owned. It is smaller than the SARB033. However after a week on the wrist, I began to fall in love with the small size. The size is great for dress shirts as it can go underneath the sleeve without much obstruction.

Crystal


The feature that stood out the most to me was the crystal of the watch. Instead of having the normal flat crystal or the vintage curved crystal, the Seiko 6306-8040 has a crystal with a square cut shape. This gives the watch a very interesting and different look when perceived from the side.

Case


Being small and sleek, the size of the crown and shape of the watch just really accentuate the attributes of watches made in the 1970s,

Dial


The black in the silver markers really brought out the markers on the textured white dial. The date window had a silver border which I really liked and thought that not many modern Seikos had. Having the kanji date was also a plus point for me because I personally have never owned a watch with kanji date and I found it really appealing.

Bracelet


One of the things that I was a little dismayed with was the fact that the watch did not come with the original Seiko Actus stainless steel bracelet. However, I grew to like the mesh steel bracelet as I thought it gave the piece a very vintage look.

Case-back


Similar to the way the case-back of the 6105 is done. The Seiko 6306-8040 had the case back done in the similar fashion.


Conclusion
Overall, I think this is a great addition to the collection which is in pretty good condition. Do share with me what you think of this vintage Seiko and let me know what you want to read about next!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Cant read english? Translate it right here!

Popular Posts

Flickr Images