Seiko Solar Flight master, SSC009P1

01:54:00

I got this watch for my birthday when I was 18 and it has been on my wrist since then. It's no doubt the dressiest robust watch I've ever came across. Being solar powered means you will never ever have to change your battery. Great news for guys who have no tolerance for the hassles that a timepiece will give them.



Dial


There's a lot going on in the dial with three sub-dials and a bunch of other measuring units near the rim of the dial. So if you're looking for a classic simple looking clean dial watch, you can stop reading about now. I love chronographs so a dial like that never deterred me from appreciating the beauty in it. The top sub dial measures the minutes passed since you pressed the pusher while the sub-dial on the left is your basic second hand. The bottom subdial is an alarm that can customised by the user based on what time he/she wants the watch to let out a soft beeping sound. Yes, its a soft beeping sound. So if you're a heavy sleeper planing to get this to wake you up from your deep sleep, you can try getting a real alarm clock,

The date is positioned at the 3 O'clock right beside the Seiko branding. The date is clean and legible almost all the time except when its 3 O'clock. The Seiko branding is incredibly striking on the dial probably because its a logo glued to the dial instead of being simply printed on the dial. Seiko really goes for the intricate details even if this is such an affordable watch.

The best part of the dial is the markers. They are reflective in a way which I find very attractive and it compliments the sword-like hands. The lumes are placed on the top of every marker. Perfect placement in such a crowded dial. Its almost like everything in the watch was placed in a way to make it look like a perfect mess.

External casing

The watch is 42mm in diameter. Perfect for you if you have a tiny wrist and you find Seiko Sumo too big. In my opinion, I feel that the size of this watch doesn't scream its presence in the face of your audience when its on your wrist but its a noticeable size. 42mm is also a nice size as it will be able to tuck into the sleeves of you shirt when you decide to make it a little more formal.

Having 12 mm of thickness also ensures that you will never face a problem of this timepiece tugging you wrist down. The weight is perfectly balanced in this nicely sized case.

The pushers are extremely smooth and easy to access while its on my wrist. The convenience led me to using it more often than I imagined I would. Its definitely more convenient to push a button rather than to fumble through my pockets to find my phone, unlock it and start the stopwatch app.

The lugs are evenly curved and pleasing to the eye.

Bracelet


I personally find the OEM bracelet abit too wide for my liking. However its a stainless steel bracelet with a folding clasp of top notch quality. 

The OEM bracelet has non-solid end links which is one of the reasons how I believe Seiko manage to price this at such an affordable price.

I chanced my strap to a silicon Bracelet with folding clasp from K2 watchshop. Silicon is great as its easy to clean and able to endure different kinds of stains and immense stress.

Having both the silicon and stainless steel bracelet gives me options if I choose to dress it down or be more formal with Seiko solar flight master.

Time keeping
You've reached the most important section of this post. What is a watch when it can't keep time for you right? The Seiko Solar Flight master have never once failed me in this 4 years, while its sufficiently charged. So if you are planning to own one, make sure you bring it out once in a week or two. It kept perfect time for me to the second. After all, I expect nothing less from Seiko Quartz V172 Movement.

Conclusion

I'm a proud owner of this marvellous timepiece and It's by far my favourite casual watch that I own. It requires virtually no maintenance at all and it comes in a variety of colours so just go buy it right now!

Its actually retailing for 265SGD right now on Lazada. But if you want a better bargain, I suggest you a preowned one in a good condition!

Here's the link to the brand new one:
http://www.lazada.sg/seiko-solar-flightmaster-chronograph-pilot-watch-ssc009p1-ssc009p-ssc009-152001.html

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Cant read english? Translate it right here!

Popular Posts

Flickr Images