Seiko SARB033 review

02:12:00

The Seiko SARB033 is the perfect watch to be given the nickname as the poor man's Seiko. Priced at about 300+SGD(if bought in japan), it is undeniably one of the essential dress watches under 500 dollars.






The SARB033 houses a 6R15 Seiko movement which is the same as the Seiko sumo. The dial is classy and simple which is currently in trend thanks to daniel wellington as well as some other fashion watchmakers. The sapphire crystal which the dial is protected by gives it so much clarity that telling time becomes such a pleasant experience

One of the most amazing things I found about the dial was this: It is a black during low light conditions. However, when you're in a bright environment. the dial appears to look like sunburst brown instead of black. It was truly fascinating and the first watch I know which such a property.

The polished bezel compliments the brushed lugs and case of the watch in a way which I am not able to describe in words. Once must see it in person to fully understand what I am referring to.

The indices of the watch is highly polished and the entire watch gives off the vibe of an actual Grand Seiko. I have actually had compliments when i wear it and also have people ask me if I was wearing a Grand Seiko when i wear it out.

The crown has a 's' engraving just like the seiko sumo. The watch is automatic and it can be handwinded as well. It has a clear caseback which is probably sapphire crystal as well.

The watch is versatile. As dressy as it seems in a stainless steel bracelet, u can swap the the bracelet for a nice green leather strap to make it a great smart casual watch. The OEM steel bracelet is a standard seiko bracelet which does the job of keeping the watch on your wrist. It is not one of the best bracelets I've seen on a Seiko but its not bad.

Although it might not be the same standard that a grand Seiko can offer, it is well beyond my expectation of what I have paid and worth every single cent of my 300 bucks.

To find another dress watch with the quality like this at 300 bucks is next to impossible. However, there are also other great alternatives to a dress watch like the orient bambino which only costs 150 sgd.

I'm going to review a swatch sistem 51 watch next so stay tuned!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Cant read english? Translate it right here!

Popular Posts

Flickr Images