Seiko SP0RK, SRP043K2

20:09:00


Sounding like something that came from star trek, this watch is as likeable as the film franchise. However, as unbelievable as it seems, this watch has been discontinued.This rare gem that previously costs about $200-$300 now will cost you $500-$600 due to the huge demand.

Owning this watch is like having the best of both worlds. Having the dial of a pilot watch and a case of a diver watch is how it got its name. Its just like having a spoon and a fork combined together, giving you a spork!

The spork is one of the first few pieces that were fitted with the Seiko 4R15 movement. The 4R15 movement is basically the 7S25 with an upgraded mainspring that allows it to have a longer power reserve just like the 6R15. However, I still find it a bummer since it doesn't have the hand-wind option like the 6R15. I mean, who doesn't like having options in life?

More importantly, it doesn't have hacking! That would mean that I won't be able to stop the second hand to synchronize the time with atomic time and also significantly harder to track the accuracy of the timepiece.

The spork had an intriguing size. I really do not understand how it can be the same size as the Sumo when it obviously looks smaller. Didn't take me long to realize that the lugs had a part to play. The spork had lugs that were angular and cut down sharply. The change of size feeling that the spork gave me from the sumo felt great. It was also a comfortable size just like the sumo. The weight of the watch was distributed such that at times I don't even feel the watch on my wrist at all.

Overall, the polished finish coupled with the reliable seiko movement made this piece irresistible. It's really tempting to put this on my wrist whenever I see it. 

I really enjoyed spending time with this piece and I do hope I will see it again.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Cant read english? Translate it right here!

Popular Posts

Flickr Images