Seiko Sumo! SBD001

23:15:00



                               


Driven by the 6R15 movement, the Seiko sumo is a beauty with an impeccable ability to keep time. Beating at 21,600 vibrations per hour, it has an impressive power reserve of up to 50 hours thanks to the spron 510 spring.

The Spron 510 spring is used in mid range and higher Seiko movements. That is probably the reason why they are Japanese exclusive pieces.

Owning one of these absolute beauty, I have got to say that the weight and the feel of the brushed steel feels surreal for a watch that costs 600SGD.

But I guess that is what Seiko's goal is. Making accurate quality time pieces affordable for everyone.

I really like intricate details which they put effort into making, like the S engraving on the crown.


                     

I mean, that just shows how much pride they put into their work.

The lug of the watch is 20mm. Pretty small for a 45mm watch if you ask me. At first I had my doubts about what it would look like with the huge difference. However, I am pleasantly surprised by its size as it complimented my tiny wrist incredibly well.


                               

The consistent brushed finish for the sumo case back is delightful to look at as well. However, due to the engravings, dirt and dead skin is normally a hassle to clean as they get stuck inside. Constant cleaning is needed to make sure that no dirt gets trapped in the engravings.

When I'm free, I love to rotate the bezel to listen to the crisp click sounds as it rotates. The sumo, like all Seiko divers are know for their crisp bezel actions which makes it such a joy to play with when I'm just trying to kill time.

Overall, I would recommend this watch to anyone because its one of the watches that is worth every single cent paid for. In my opinion, the only thing its missing is a power reserve indicator to make it the perfect sumo.

I hope you enjoyed my review and do swing by again to check out my updates!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Cant read english? Translate it right here!

Popular Posts

Flickr Images